Jersey Box recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
Personal Information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988. Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Residential or business address
- Email address
- Post code
- Phone number
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our web site. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
How we collect your personal information.
Personal information is usually collected as outlined below:
- when you access and use our website
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
- through public databases readily available online
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy, this information is manually retained.
The purpose of collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers, and events which might interest you
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist Jersey Box in providing products and services that you have requested, such as shipping services & shipping insurance
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Jersey Box & its contractors service you
- to respond to complaints made by you
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, insurance policies, payment processors, and data entry service providers
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and all related purposes
- if requested by law, to any authorised person by such law. This may include police or government departments in connection with law enforcement
We may deliver direct marketing communications and information about our products and services via email, SMS or regular mail.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us via email. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Information given by you to other parties
If you provide personal information to a third party other than Jersey Box, contact that third party directly in relation to the handling of your personal information.
Links to other websites
MCG photography credit source – State Library of Victoria, / Donor Mr. Paul McIntyre; 1992.